Blasticidin S HCl (10mg/ml in Hepes buffer), sterile solution, 10ml packed 5 x 2mL
Blasticidin S HCl is an aminoacyl nucleoside antibiotic isolated from Streptomyces griseochromogenes. It functions by inhibiting peptide bond formation at the ribosome in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells. It blocks hydrolysis of peptidyl-tRNA due to the large ribosomal subunit’s increased affinity for tRNA.
Blasticidin S HCL has two deaminase genes: BSD from Aspergillus terreus and bsr from Bacillus cereus, where resistance is shown converting Blasticidin S HCl into a nontoxic deaminohydroxy derivative.
- Used as a selection agent for bls, bsr, or BSD resistance genes
- Prevents cell culture contamination
- Effective in antiviral, antitumor, and antifungal properties
- New role in Genome editing utilizing the CRISPR/Cas9 system.
- Gene selection antibiotic
Contents & Storage
Storage conditions: -20°C
Shipping conditions: Dry ice
Shelf life: 24 months from date of manufacture (protect from light)
Research or further manufacturing use only, not for food or drug use.