FBS, Gamma Irradiated USDA approved, STERILE
Animal serum is commonly used to supplement basal media formulations for the optimal growth of many cell types in vitro. Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) is the most common serum used to supplement cell culture media due to its high nutritional content.
Gamma irradiation is a process that involves exposing material to high energy gamma photons released by radioisotopes, such as cobalt 60. This mitigates risk from low-level contaminants that may not be detected through viral or mycoplasma testing.
- Endotoxin and hemoglobin tested
- Tested for the presence of bacteria, virus, and mycoplasma
- Triple filtered with 0.1 micron membrane under aseptic conditions
Sera category: Performance
• Use for general cell culture with common cell lines
• Endotoxin level: <1 EU/mL
• Hemoglobin level: <25 mg/dL
Contents & Storage
Storage conditions: -20°C
Shipping conditions: Frozen on dry ice
Shelf life: 5 years from date of manufacture